If you get pregnant while on your period , does it continue those last few days , or stop all together and not come the last few days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You won't get pregnant on your period. The egg is already gone.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• you can get preg on your period. I thought that you couldnt and told my doctor that and they told me that it was your most fertile time...thats why you can get preg after, because their is a new egg coming in and sperm will sit their for who knows how long
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It is very unlikely you would get pregnant when you were having your period. You usually get pregnant around 14 days after the first day of your period if you have a 28 day cycle.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Shay, sperm will only live about three days...then it's dead. Unless you have a VERY LONG period, you won't get pregnant then.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• first off to those who said you WONT get pregnant then, you are wrong. MOST women wont because their ovulation is "normal", but some women do indeed have very out of whack cycles and the egg is still around even while mestruating, and sometimes the body can even ovulate twice , and the second egg days after the first. so yes, you CAN get pregnant on your period, even if its not th emost likely scenario...

if you did, implantation takes a few days from when the egg gets fertilized in your tubes tio when it gets to the uterus, so you would probably continue the period you were having.
    jeni1206

Answer by jeni1206 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• just saying what my doctor told me. If you have a new egg coming in while the other one has left...then i would believe you could become pregnant
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• and sperm live normally 24 hours in the body, but CAN live up to 72 in ideal conditions.
    jeni1206

• I was looking for confirmation for my answer and I found out that 98% of women don't know when they can get pregnant! Wow!
    My answer was confirmed for the most likely day to get pregnant:

"14 days after a woman's period starts ( if the woman has a 28 day cycle)."

If you know you are pregnant and want to estimate day of conception that would be a good day to choose. Then you could find out a possible due date. The doctor or midwife will do ultrasounds or use other measurements to guess due dates.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• key word..."most likely"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• and do you know how fast a new egg comes in...google that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010