Does beef jerky harm baby?

I ate some last night and a little this morning and am scared to eat the rest because people say it's bad. It has gluten or whatever in it and what effect does that do? I'm scared because I ate some of that. I also ate a bag of hot fries and my baby is moving like crazy. Is she okay in there?

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all the preservatives aren't the best for your growing baby but its not gonna kill it or cause it harm. The baby's moving around cuz you ate spicy food :) she's fine, don't worry mamma.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I agree that I'd be more concerned about the preservatives but you both will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You already ate it. Now it's time to drink a lot of water. It has a lot of preservatives and salt. It's not good for your blood pressure. Drink a lot of water. You'll pee it all out.

You are fine the baby is fine. Stop with the hot fries. You can't be a junk-food-atarian while you are pregnant.

You can make your own at home without all the crap in it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• first off....gluten is in bread, and basically everything.

it would be the high nitrate, sodium levels that would be bad.

but its probably the spicy that is making baby move lots. my girls would be rocking and rolling in my belly when I ate spicy foods too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010