What would you do in this situation?

Suppose there had just been a tornado in your neighborhood.

Fortunately your house was spared and the tornado did not hit it.

However,you've had alot of problems with your home - the toilets are overflowing, the sink backs up, you have a cockroach problem, your air conditioner isn't working, your lighbulbs are out, etc.

Unfortunuately, the tornado hit your neighbors house.

They are currently trapped, underneath all of the rumble, and you can hear their two kids and baby crying.

You have some equipment that can safely clear their house and get them out. Do you help them? Or do you just ignore it because your toilet if overflowing, air conditioner is broken, etc?

I'm being serious, what would you do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would help dig them out. I would not give them all the money I had in my bank account, and build them a brand new house.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Shut off your water to minimize the toilet problem .. then get on over to the neighbors house and HELP THEM!

MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Well, if there are more than one of me, I would have to split up and have most helping save lives and 1 working on my water problem. If there is just me, the toilet can wait a few unless it will ultimately put more people in danger of not having water because my house is running it out the door.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• See those problems in my house are minor compared to the rest of the houses on the neighborhood. As soon as i saw the neighborhood, my problems would drift out of my mind in a blink of a second and i would rush to help and save lives and people immediately. The minor damage in my house is no where near the catastrophe in my neighborhood.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 2:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Well, seeing as I was a Paramedic for 9 years, and have been an American Red Cross CPR and First Aid Instructor (among a number of other disciplines) for the past 25 years, and while off-duty have stopped to help strangers who were in car accidents when emergency personnel had not yet arrived, I wouldn't hesitate to help save the life of another!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I know why your serious in asking.
    I do think the United States should help out other countries as best as the United States can.
    But I do also believe our welfare and medicade system needs a lot of work to help those here at home too.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 2:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• See those problems in my house are minor compared to the rest of the houses on the neighborhood. As soon as i saw the neighborhood, my problems would drift out of my mind in a blink of a second and i would rush to help and save lives and people immediately. The minor damage in my house is no where near the catastrophe in my neighborhood

I AGREE 100%!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Help my neighbor, of course. But you want the truth? NOBODY knows what they would do in a situation until they are in that situation.
    Anonymous

• I would help dig them out.
    Anonymous

• I would run over and help my neighbors'! Who cares about a toilet.. life is more important! Something can always fix that..
    ProudmomiOf2

Answer by ProudmomiOf2 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2010