What "little thing" does he do that says "I TRULY LOVE YOU"

The day that my (then boyfriend/now husband) locked the door before leaving my house was the day that I realized he loved me. Without a word he turned the lock smiled at me and left. That spoke volumes. We lived in a tiny town where the doors were almost always unlocked. He never locked his own either. The memory of it and the fact that he stills does it 8 years later just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. What is it that yours does? Go ahead and brag, please.

mygirlscome1st

Asked by mygirlscome1st at 2:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• ummm.....he pinches my butt when he comes into a room?

and he makes LOUD noises before coming into a room (I'm really good at tuning things out) so he doesn't scare the beejeebies out of me.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• When it is really hot in our room at night, too hot to cuddle, which I love doing. He will slide his foot over so it touches mine. It may be too hot to cuddle but he still tries to give me that contact.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 2:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• he'll fill up my water glass when he sees its running low without my asking him.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I could list hundreds of little things that he does that lets me know he loves me, but the one most powerful thing that he does is give our son a bath, when he is home. Im preg with our second child and giving a wiggly toddler a bath kills my back so he does it for me...Its a pure joy to watch down the hall to the 2 of them in the bathroom splashing a laughing together!! When he walks into a room where I am no matter what he always touchs me in some way, a hand across my shoulders, or a small touch to my back just to let me know he is walking by...
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am a pretty bad insomniac, and at night sometimes the only way I can fall asleep is if he's cuddling me. So even if he's been asleep for hours, I can just tap him on the shoulder and he'll stretch out his arm and pull me into him, and say, "I love you". He's a pretty heavy sleeper so he does all this in his sleep. That's how I know he really, really means it. : )
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Hub is a trucker and when he pulls in the yard from just a day run or a long haul no matter what time it is he always blows the air horn....that is my loud announcement that he is home!!
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• He tells me he loves me every chance he gets.
    He'll come up and put his arms around me and kiss me on the cheek.
    He helps me around the house.
    He tolerates things that I do (like spending $200 on getting my hair done..whoops!) that he doesn't agree with.
    He takes care of me and the kids when I'm sick and lets me rest.
    He makes me laugh and smile when I'm not in the greatest of moods.
    He makes me feel like the luckiest woman alive every morning that I get to wake up and see his face.
    This is making me cry, because I'm gonna miss him soooo much when he leaves for Afghanistan in March...I hope I make him as happy as he makes me.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• He comes to see me as often as he can. (we don't live together) That says a lot to me.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• He makes the bed every day and in 20 years he has never once called me a bitch.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Everyone's S/O's sounds soo wonderful! I was literally smiling like a school girl reading all the responses. Haha

Now, this might not sound like a good thing to most of you, but you have to understand that DH and I are silly and kids at heart. He will come up to me with a smile and say softly "You have a little poo on your face." And brush his finger on my cheek. He calls me "Poo Face" or "Poo" all the time. Which makes me smile.

He still quotes the stupid, silly things we said to each other when we first started writing one another. (We met on Myspace) Which lets me know that he not only paid attention, but he remembers the best parts of our conversations from way back when.

He will sit and watch a chick flick with me, or a girly TV show even though he'd rather shoot off his foot. That let's me know that he'll suffer through anything just to get the chance to cuddle with me. :D
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2010