dayquil while pregnant

So i read the bottle and didnt say anything so i took it maybe 5 times in the last week and im about 20 weeks.. how bad is this for my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure your baby will be cool, but you should ask your doctor before taking something. Dayquil has a lot of medicines in it...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i was sick when i was pregnant...broncitis (sp) with the flu only thing i could take was robertussin dm and tylanol..no day quil no night q...nothing...it sucked...i was sick for about 3 months.
    Anonymous

• You shouldnt take any more meds while pregnant! Sorry but this is my opinion! I don't care if you have the flu, it's not good for the baby.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• ask the doc but I am sure you are fine lovely. Some people and some doctors are very anti medication. I am not one of those people. So long as the medical professionals of the majority say it is OKAY. Pharmacist says you can take benadryl, but as always ask doc because in later pregnancy it CAN induce cramps. Be well and best wishes to your speedy recovery!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 12:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010