I'm pregnant and....

I don't want to be. I finally conviced my SO to have another baby, and now that I am pregnant, I no longer want to be. I don't know if it's guilt or what but I am really resenting the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really hope you give that baby up for adoption so someone can love him or her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm sure this is just a phase you are going through. It will get better. The first part of a pregnancy isn't very fun anyway. Just wait until you feel that little baby kick :)
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• talk to your doc
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If you still feel that way at the end of the pregnancy, my hubby, 3 kids, and I would do just about ANYTHING to be able to expand our family so email me!!! If you're going to end up resenting the child (like my mother did!), then the best thing for it would be to go to a home where it's VERY wanted and loved.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 3:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Are you not wanting to be pregnant, or are you not wanting to be a mother to another child? There is a difference.
    DH and I really wanted a second child, but when I got pregnant I hated it. I didn't want to be pregnant and just wanted it to be over with. I knew though that I wanted the baby that resulted after the pregnancy, so I knew I had to suffer through it.

If you do not want the child itself, then you need to talk with your S/O about other options. Adopting the child out to a family who cannot concieve on their own is the best option. Becoming a serrogate is the most selfless thing you can do, because you're allowing another couple to be parents when before they weren't able to. Please talk with your S/O and seek other alternatives. I highly recommened adopting the baby out if you truely do not want the baby.

Make sure that it is about not wanting the baby and not just not wanting to be pregnant.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• why the hell did you get pregnant if you dont want another kid?! Give the baby up for adoption so somone else can love it and get your tubes tied or burned off or something so this doesnt happen again. How can some people be so irresponsible-sheeeesh!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Just thought I'd check back and see if any of your feelings toward your pregnancy have changed.... you've been on my heart.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010