Has anybody tried "Your baby can read!"?

Does it work or is it a scam! I would love to buy that if it works! My baby is 13 months. Let me know your experience. Thanks moms!

Lucky13x

Asked by Lucky13x at 2:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • I have never tried it, but as a reading specialist I can tell you it is a scam. If you want your child to get a "head start" then the best thing you can do is talk to them a lot, read to them a lot, let them learn through play and exploration and limit tv/screen time as much as possible. Even if your baby can memorize the words on the cards and learn to "read" them, it is not going to help them in the long run, the other stuff I said before will be much more valuable for your child in the long run that that silly program. A big waste of money if you ask me.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i was wonderning the same thing
    Anonymous

• Let your baby be a baby.
    Anonymous

• i agree.... let your baby be a baby... even if your baby can read, i don't think it's really beneficial for the child...
    it's just a bragging right for the parent...
    Anonymous

• I think it would work. I know a girl who said some friends got it and that it was starting to work. And if anything, it's a good interaction time for parent and baby!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i have it i really dont see my kids learnin to read but my son speakin has improved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Haven't tried it, but it looked interesting. As for the 'let your baby be a baby' thing, I see nothing wrong with teaching a child early. It doesn't take away anything; in fact I would think teaching a child would make them even more interested in the world around them. What gets me is the people who teach their baby to say all the names of the presidents before they can say words that need to use, now THAT is only for bragging rights.
    Mearick

Answer by Mearick at 7:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010