baby sleep patterns?

My four month old went about 4 days without sleeping much at all...she would take an hour nap here and there but be up for hours at a time.

All of a sudden it's done a complete switch and she is now sleeping almost the entire day and then 9-10 hours straight.

Is she going through a growth spurt maybe? Is it normal for her to sleep so much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah its normal. My son was that way for a little bit 2.
    Anonymous

• yes it sounds like a normal growth spurt. My son does that when he grows or when he is teething..lack of sleep because of teeth and more sleep to make up for it.
    EMBER127

Answer by EMBER127 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yup. enjoy them sleeping it changes so much through out the first year it seems to me. i love when she sleeps during the night but sometimes that long nap in the middle of the day is so needed for my sanity. lol good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yes its normal. I would sleep while your child is sleeping that way when they are up you won't be sleep deprived.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2010