I would like to talk to someone that has gone through a pregancy on Methadon

I have been put on it for pain managment but would like to talk to someone that is on it for any reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• E-mail me and we can talk more.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am not personally taking it but my sister is on methadone management and there are many mannnnnnny pregnant mommies at her clinic and I can ask her anything you want and she will gladly help out. Best wishes to you, I was lucky my pain issue has decreased somehow since I have gotten pregnant so I was able to come off all opiates/not sure if I can stay off but we will see :) so far the pain is not a daily struggle. Keep yourself out of pain and out of stress, it is more impotant for you and your baby...methadone is not the worst thing to take and you will not be the first or the last to have to take it during pregnancy. Don't be a stranger I know we who are dependent on medications (of ANY kind) are quite stigmatized in general and once we are pregnant it is even more isolating since most people do not understand pain disorders or mental health issues. Be well!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 12:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010