anyone else still have their christmas lights up?

ya know whats sad is we still had halloween stuff up until just now..we got in a fight about it because i ordered a pizza and i didnt want the pizza man to see it so i asked dh for the 2oth time to take the shit down. The only reason i havent done it is because he made the smarty comment a while back "you put it up, you take it down"..and "its your stuff..not mine"..he really pissed me off. Is it too much to ask of him when he is outside working in the yard and garage everyday? I feel like i do stuff for him all the time! I knew it was being childish but ...

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Your husband is being childish and lazy, and no, it isn't too much to ask him to take them down.
    Anonymous

• the inside of my house..i took everything down jan 1st... the outside porch and bushes..yes there still up reminded dh he needs to get them down...he did always say inside is your job out side is mine...well my inside is done lol...hes taken them down tomorrow..lol...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think this is a great opportunity to sit down and decide who wants to be responsible for putting up and taking down decorations. Better yet, why not do it together?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Our stuff is up still b/c it breaks my heart to take it down lmao. When guys say stuff like, "Oh that's YOUR stuff, YOU do it.", they're just being lazy IMO. Next time he wants sex, just be like, "That's YOUR boner, YOU deal with it." When he gives you the deer in the headlights look, explain why, and I guarantee that will get your point across. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Unless it was your husband's idea to put up the decorations, I don't see it as his responsibility to take them down. My Christmas lights are still up because it was snowing the day I had time to take them down. I am the one who chooses to put them up, so I feel like it is my responsibility to also take them down. I see decorating as a non-essential activity, and since it is of no importance to my husband I would never ask him to be involved with it; he would never require my participation in his non-essential projects either. Now, if I had some sort of household emergency repair that needed my husband's attention it would be a different story.
    Anonymous

• My stuff was down right after the 1st my DH took them down with out asking...i was shocked. i took everything down inside.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• To add to the other posts, I'm a firm believer in the old saying of "one hand washes the other". While it's not his responsibility, if it's something she asked him to do, he should've just done it. I'm sure that when he asks for things, she does it. At least that's what she said in her question.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yes they are. We do not turn them on though. The weather has been in the NEGATIVES. They will come down when we won't freeze our asses off taking them down.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• He made a childish comment, but he is right. You put them up you can take them down. He has no obligation to decorate or undecorate the house. You wanted those decorations up there then you can take them down. Don't put it on him when you're fully capable of doing it yourself. You're making excuses so you can choose to be lazy about it, and putting it all on him. Grow up and take initiative and take down the decorations that you want down. It's really that simple and saves a lot of arguing.

If there's a lagitamate thing that you want him to do then you can ask him, but he has no obligation to follow your demands. Just had to make that clear. He's your S/O not your slave.

We still have some Christmas decorations up, but they're coming down tomorrow. We don't put lights outside, so we don't have to worry about that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• All my stuff is taken down but that's because we didn't have much up anyway. The first thing that went down was the tree because I have an 8 month old who would always play with the tree and the decorations.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010