Just Curious

I'm curious to know if it's just me or there are others out there like me. I have two dd's, 5 months and just over 2 yrs. My sex drive is completely gone and I just want to know how it is for everyone else. How often do you have sex with your man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine's gone, too. It was through the roof when I was pregnant with my second, but after I had her it disappeared. It probably has a lot to do with post-partum hormones and then being tired from taking care of a baby and chasing a toddler around. My husband's tired, too, though, so neither of us feel especially deprived, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i do it once a week even if im not "reved up" for it i do it for my dh he just thinks im always all about it..makes him feel better...that an he has a labito on an 18 yr old. lol. i also take it as a complament 7 yrs together and kids and he still runs at me. hes a hard worker and trys to make me happy so why not. but i went threw the i dont feel like it stage i was tired and stressed and not in the mood that lasted for 3 weeks and dh was right it did make me feel better..it will pass it comes and gos..
    Anonymous

• Mine is just about gone also and I have a 20 month old and ya i could live without it. I have spoke with my Doctor about it. We have another appt in a week.
    Anonymous

• Mine is gone. The last two years have been very hard on my husband and I, as we packed a lot into those years. In two years we've had gotten married, have had two kids, and purchased a house. No couple should ever put that much into two years. I speak from experience that it puts a heavy strain on the marriage. Things are getting a lot better as of late, so my sex drive is starting to peak again. However, exhaustion from the kids, stress from money, marital issues, family being far away, and just being a SAHM has really put a lot of pressure on me. Which makes my sex drive go kapoot. The hubbs doesn't understand this as sex is a cure-all for him, so that has added a lot of issues in our marriage.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I have the opposite problem. My youngest is 10 and my sex drive is out of control. I can't get enough of it. I never used to be this way but I would say, ever since I hit about age 28 (and got remarried to my wonderful husband) I have the sex drive of a teenager. My husband says one day I'm going to kill him....lol
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:38
    Good for you. I'm jealous!!
    Anonymous

• I'm a mother of 2 and a step mom of 1, So I have three kids, and they are all under the age of 5. Its wonderful. LOL. My sex drive is gone too. My husband wants it all the time. I'm like omg again. But he don't ask for it much. I'm just so tired from chasing three kids all day I don't realize that he hasn't had sex with me in three days or so. So the poor guy is being so patient with me. I'm really thankful for that.

While I was pregnant my sex drive was through the roof. But since I've had them its not there anymore. But its not our fault. Just being moms is the deal. Its not our kids or us. Its just being a mom. We don't want it every day. So Its life course to deal with. If our men can't understand that then we don't need them do we?
    Shilahcarnall

Answer by Shilahcarnall at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I have a 3yr old and 8mth old and we have sex all the time and it's great if I were you I would at least try to get in the mood...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 1:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2010