Eyebrow threading?

anyone ever done this? or can anyone at least sum up for me what it is and how it works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It looks complicated because there are several strings used to pluck your brows. They do this at my mall. Seems like a novelty to me I don't know why it would be better then waxing.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It hurts!!! They say it last longer than waxing..not true, just the opposite really. I tried this a month ago, I had them wax one side and thread the other side. OMG NEVER AGAIN!! I'll stick to my waxing. The side I threaded grew back first. The pain is not worth it. Piece of thread rubbing against your skin. It kind of feels like I'm being cut...NEVER AGAIN!!!
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 4:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Threading is an old technique done in the East. If you can find someone who is really good at it, it will last a little bit longer than waxing. It's done by the threader using one thread and holding it a certain way between their fingers and mouth. (It is sanitary) I liken it to those old toys that were string with a disk on the middle, you spin it up on itself. But then they use the string to then shape the eyebrow. It is more precise than waxing, that's what some people say.

My personal opinion is that it is rather painful and I would and will stick to waxing my eyebrows. If you're hair is finer and soft (say more on the blonde side), then it's less painful. I have very dark, thick, coarse hair, so it hurts. This is my owon personal opinion, and it never hurts to try something new. GL
    luckmomto2

Answer by luckmomto2 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I personally LOVE threading and prefer it over waxing.. waxing is good for overall maintenance but they have more control with threading than waxing so it usually looks much better, the arch is more defined, etc. I say try threading, once you get the shape you desire, you can go back to waxing since all it will be after that is touch up.

It's actually much better for you than waxing because it doesn't tear off a layer of skin as does waxing (which is why after waxing your skin is red) it also doesn't cause ingrown hairs.

Here's a website with the ups and downs :)
    http://www.hairremovaladvice.com/threading-hair-removal.shtml
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmbHB2p4WM

heres a video link of how to thread eyebrows. its cheap and i heard it lasts longer than waxing
    foxyladyjoie

Answer by foxyladyjoie at 10:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you can take the pain then it could be worth it. I use to have it done but I got tired of the woman pushing on my face and yelling at me. I'm not paying any damn body 20 to have me lay back, hold my own damn brow and yell and fuss at me when I flinched in pain. My husband even got sick of the women at this one particular salon and said that he'd rather take me to this over priced day spa then see me abused like that.

I'm sure there are women out there who don't yell at their customers and do a damn good job. I actually prefer the finished look of my brows when I had them threaded rather than waxed. It took me a while to find someone who by waxing my brow could make them look like they did when I had them threaded and now I have and I only pay 12 and that's including tip.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010