How can I improve the energy of me and my toddler?

I am always tired. I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7. My 21 month old has tons of energy when he's awake but he seems to wear out quickly. He wakes up between 7-8 and goes down at 11:30 sleeps for 1 or 2 hours and then is out by 7:30.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Health

• that sounds about right for a toddler.... its a good sleep pattern. they need about 13-14 hrs of total sleep(night+naps)

for you i would say if you aren't already doing some moderate exercise during the week, eat lots of healthy carbs and foods that keep you full and give energy. Don't forget the sunlight too.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• That is completely normal for a toddler. According to WEBMD: Most children from about 21-36 months old still need one nap a day, which may range from one to three and a half hours long. They typically go to bed between 7 - 9 p.m. and wake up between 6 - 8 a.m. He should be getting a total of 12-14 hours a day of sleep.

As far as you sweetie - you're a Mom. We're ALWAYS tired! LOL
    Anonymous

• It's common for moms of toddlers to feel like they don't have much energy. I agree with sunlight and improving your diet. Try resting when your child naps. Meditation or yoga may help. Try to get out of the house every day.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You toddler sounds normal.

For you:
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010