how long would you hold on to an item for someone b4 you would give it to someone else?

my MIL was suppose to get our queen size bed going on 4 months now. we were giving it to her. i wanted to take it to good will today but hubby called his mom and she said she still wants it, so the fricking thing is still in my garage and i want it out so i can put my car in there. she said she will get it this week but i say she had her chance and its going to good will come monday. she lives 10 blocks away and she has a truck and my hubby and his brother would be the ones hauling, but the problem according to her and hubby is she doesnt have time, she doesnt work anywhere and this morning when my hubby called she was watching tv, she could of put down the remote and drove here and me and my mom could of loaded and unloaded all MIL had to do was drive. ( my mom brought her van down so we could take stuff to good will) what are your thoughts hold or give?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, OP . . if you offered to bring it TO her and she was busy watching tv.....................bring it to Goodwill. You are more patient than I am, because it would have been gone already. What does she think your garage is her storage unit? I don't think so. Giving something to someone shouldn't be such an inconvenience and if she really wanted it.................she would have drove to your house to pick it up and CERTAINLY would have accepted you bringing it to her. It sounds to me like she enjoys being a pest.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• op here

our block has lots of car break ins and plus its cold and suppose to get freezing rain i need to have my garage back ASP
    Anonymous

• Have your husband take it to her house.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Just bring it over to her, JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Be an adult about this. Thing is she is your MIL and pretty much all MIL's are going to annoy their DIL at some point or another. Its your job as a wife and mother to keep the peace. I think you sending it off to Goodwill would be stirring things up unnecessarily and causing problems for yourself. Tell your husband if she is too busy to deal with it that is fine that he can get the keys to her house and take it over there for her even if she isn't home. She can figure out what to do with it when she does have time or your husband can help her put it in the room when she gets home. Its really not rocket science. I understand you're annoyed but in life people are annoying. You have to be the bigger person and keep the peace.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like a pain but why can't you drop it by her house. I know you shouldn't have to since you're giving it to her, but it's only 10 blocks away, then you could keep peace and have it out of your garage.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• we have no way to bring it over there we have a small car, and when we(my mom and i) suggested we use the van to bring it over she said she was watching tv and didnt want to do it today
    Anonymous

• maybe she doesnt really want it and is just saying she wants it to get it off your hands...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i feel obligated to take stuff from my in laws all the time just cuz i dont want to hurt their feelings
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

if that was the case then why would she not let me take it to good will?
    Anonymous