How do I lose 10lb.?

I need to lose the last of my baby weight, about 10-12lb. I've never had to lose weight before so I need some suggestions. I don't have a lot of time to exercise because I have a 2 yr. old and a 6 month old. Help?

vowens82

Asked by vowens82 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would suggest Weight Watchers. You don't have to sign up for the meetings or pay, you can find sites online for free that will help you. (If you are interested I can pass the info along)

I started the first of the month and have lost 6 lbs and you can eat anything!
    Anonymous

• What websites? I would love to look into it. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Drink only water. Not even diet drinks. Artificial sweeteners may make you crave calories and you end up eating enough calories that you may as well have had the drink that had the sugar.

Drink a big glass of ice water about 15 min before you are going to eat.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• The DASH diet is really good. It started out being for high blood pressure then scientists found out people lost weight and it was good for other health problems. I picked this website because it had a nice chart. You can go to google and type in dash diet, there are lots of websites.

http://www.50plushealth.co.uk/My-Health/Blood-pressure/DASH-Diet/

Go to google and type in superfoods. You will find websites with lists of foods. These foods are usually low in calories and high in nutrition. They are the kinds of foods you should be eating the most of.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Put on your sneakers, bundle up the kids, put em in their strollers and walk out the door...I lost 20 lbs. just walking, not changing my diet at all...
    Anonymous

• Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Sites for free weight watchers info.

Use this site to figure out how many points you can have per day
    http://www.peertrainer.com/LoungeCommunityThread.aspx?ForumID=1&ThreadID=47011

This site (although hard to navigate) has GREAT resources. If you scroll down to the blue bars on the bottom right there are food lists, restaurant guides so you can figure out how many "points" each food is you are eating.
    www.dwlz.com

And if you are eating something with a nutrition label you can use this online calculator to figure out how many points it has.
    http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2010