I know noone can give me a definate answer but I was just wondering maybe a ball park figure.

I stopped my BC last month. My last period started the 15th of Dec. I know that because getting off my BC my period could be a little screwy, but when should I concider it late? I took a test yesterday ( just becuase how I have been feeling and still feel) it was neg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If your BC put you on a 28 day cycle, then pretend you have a 28 day cycle until your AF tells you otherwise. Some women will stay with the cycle the pills "trained" them to have. Some don't.

Be fair to yourself and wait until the day you would have been late on a 28 day cycle. Testing early can give a false negative. Then you'll be unhappy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Wait two weeks. If nothing, check again for pregnancy, and if you get another negative, then wait some more. Periods can take a while to regulate and come back after birth control, because it's still in your system for a while, keeping you from ovulating. In women NOT on BC, ovulation is what causes menstruation. In women on BC, withdrawl from the hormones is what causes bleeding (which is not true menstruation). So you are likely to bleed once you have ovulated (unless you catch the first egg!)

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• MY dr said what I discribed on the phone a couple weeks ago sounded like ovulation LOL
    They said that since I was having cramping on one side and a HUGE increase of clear discharge that it sounded just like ovulation.
    UGH IM so confused LOL
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Anonymous

• i kno i didnt ovulate til i was off the depo shot for like a year and then i ended up getting a miscarry. good luck tho i would prob take a test next week :D
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2010