Help

Can i get my hair dyed even though Im breastfeeding? I just had my baby 1 month ago. Thank you guys!

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sure you can why wouldnt you be able to?
    Anonymous

• As long as baby isn't latched on while you're doing so, go for it! The only reason you couldn't while pregnant was because of the harmful fumes. Congrats btw!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• any type of bleach that sits on your scalp for a long time could possible soak into your head & come thru your breastmilk but it would be so minimal it really wouldn't make any difference. make sure you do it in a well ventilated area so baby isn't smelling the fumes, wear gloves & wash off your hands & arms w/ soap when you're done. Better even still if you just go to the salon while some body watches the little one, take some time to pamper yourself mamma!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I like the answer about not doing it while the baby is latched on! It's safe. I got a perm once and my baby didn't like how I looked after.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's completely safe.
    .mandabear.

Answer by .mandabear. at 8:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010