What is a hand job called?

Is it stilled called a manicure if I don't want any fake nails?

My birthday is coming up and I told my DH that I think a hand job would make a nice gift.
My hands are dry and ragged looking from cleaning and the cold, dry air.
I want to keep my nails natural, have the cuticles cleaned up, maybe have a light or clear nail polish put on, and have my hands massaged with a good lotion for sensitive skin.
But I don't know what it is called!
I don't want to call around asking for prices for a manicure if that isn't what the hand job is called.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 5:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pry; I have the same problem with my feet. Pedis are great cuz they bring out the guns..lol I get mines done once a month but in between I soak my feet in hot water and use my foot scrubber then after I dry them I use my ped egg (I'm pretty sure you've seen it on t.v) then I lather them with vaseline and rub a piece of lemon. Do this everyday, it works.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 6:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Manicure
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 5:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• A manicure is still what it is called. You dont have to get crilics. I get it done all the time and they will just file and paint my nails. And they do all the stuff that your looking for.
    Anonymous

• if i were you i wouldnt call around asking for a hand job...lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yea...a hand job & a manicure are two way different things. Or @ least it should be....if this is the type of service you're getting @ your salon its time to switch before the place gets raided :)
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Is a foot job still called a pedicure, then? How far do they go with their treatment? I mean, I have really rough, dry soles....would they be too grossed out and send me packing?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yup its a pedicure & they have tools for dry cracked feet, make sure you tip more!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's called a Manicure...
    when you make an apt. for a set of fake nails...you indeed let them know whether you need a * full set * or a * fill *
    and a *hand job* has nothing to do with either ;)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• shay1130

if i were you i wouldnt call around asking for a hand job...lol

~~~

Oh my Bob, seriously! Just imagine.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Lol no offense but what made you think they changed the name? Its Pedicure and Manicure and always will be. A hand job is when you jerk your so/husband off.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2010