changing obs

any one changed ob after 24 weeks? my ob is really far aways and I am really unhappy with how they do things, I get 10mins and she doesnt really answer any of my questions.. I am feeling uneasy with the baby coming.. feel like i dont know how this whole thing is gonna go past children has been born at military doctors but I got tons of stuff to read and tons of extra infomation about the hospital and how the whole thing worked with this doctor I dont is that normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you don't like your ob change NOW, this is your body & your pregnancy & is going to be your birth. You should have someone who's working w/ you & that you trust. I can't tell you the number of stories on here where moms say they wish they would've changed obs when they didn't feel right. Doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad dr, just means you guys aren't the right fit.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• my preg friend and i go to the same one. im not preg yet. but she never answers our ?'s and all she did for my friend was come in check the heart and leave . we both heard that there was gonna be a new doc soon so we are going to try him. i would deff say if she isnt working for ya leave and find another
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I went to 7 obs before I found one that said I could have a vaginal birth. I was small before I got pregnant, 5'2" and around 100 pounds and the obs said I wasn't big enough for a baby to fit out. I gave birth vaginally to a 6 pound 6 ounce boy with no pain meds, no IV, no monitor, no interventions at all with a CNM at a birth center. My next baby was 7 pounds 6 ounces and slid out with his bag of water breaking. Usually women don't grow babies bigger than they can birth.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• sorry Gailll how does that answer my question?? I just dont know if I can or is it normal for them to at 20 weeks and 24 weeks not to answer alot of questions, im over over reacting to the whole thing.. or what
    Anonymous

• they should answer any questions you have at any visit. yes, you can change ob's at any point during your pregnancy. but, if you're looking for a more personal experience, midwives are much better. most midwives will spend an hour w/ you at every visit going over any and every question you have.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 7:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i changed at 36 weeks, and im so glad i did!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• im almost 14 weeks now and at my 13 weeks check up my dr ask me if i had any Q's if i was scared about anything so to me i would said fine a new dr but thats me

good luck
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2010