Like so many women out there i am confused! help? When to test

Okay my last menstrual cycle was on December 16th, it lasted the usual days. My hubby and i did the bd several times over the course of Dec. 27th through Jan. 3rd. I expected AF on jan 13th, the day before that i had some cramps like af was on her way, but then nothing but some spotting of light pink, and brown. So i waited and nothing. No af. I am now 4 days late. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it looked negative to me. I thought i saw a faint line , but i believe it was an evap. line i have been hearing about. Because i saw it after the alloted time frame. Just today i have been feeling SLIGHT nausea, nothing terrible. I just want to know do you think its too early to test? Anyone get spotting and then turn out pregnant? Thanks for any help at all, even a similar story would help thanks. i guess i will just play the waiting game....

oh i also forgot to add my lower back is sore a lot of the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You can have spotting or even what seems like a period and be pregnant. Thats how women have babies and don't even know they had been pregnant. They kept having periods or spotting.

If you aren't pregnant, next month take your temps every morning. It is easy to tell if you are pregnant by your bbt. That's how we did it before hpt.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's very possible that you ovulated and possibly conceived later than you think. Not every woman has a typical 28 day cycle every single month of her life! If the line that you see has color to it, then it's a positive. If it's a grayish line, then that's an evaporation line. Test again tomorrow or Monday using a First Response Early Result.

Good luck!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 6:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• That spotting could have been implantation bleeding too :) It would be just about the right time for it depending on when you ovulated!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• my last preg i know i was preg day i was late i took a test got a no 1 weeks late took a test still no 2 weeks late i took a test and got a YES come to find out i ovalated late this time i did even think i was preg but day i was late i took a test no wait 4 days and took another one and i got a faint line made a drs appointment and a few days later took one more and was very dark i ovalated when i should have so far me i ovalate at differnet times and some months i dont ovalate so everyone is differnet i would take another test to make sure i bought mine on the dollar store till i got a yes
    Anonymous

• If there is ANY line on the pregnancy test you are pregnant. The chemical has to be in your urine to make it change. I learned that the hard way. I had been using ovulation kits, where BOTH lines need to be the same color. So when It came time to take a pregnancy test I just assumed that both lines needed to be the same color. 3 tests in the garbage... and a week later I had a positive one & was garbage hunting to look at the old ones! They were infact positive! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010