Chicago!!!

My 10th anniversary is coming up and I asked my DH what he wanted to do. He brought up a "One tank Trip". Which is a short vacation you can get to one one tank of gas. We live in Indianapolis. He's never been to Chicago and has always wanted to go. I've been several times in the past. I thought it would be a great idea. Other than museums and dining what is there to do there in late April or early May. My sister works for The Marriott so I have that covered. Also, by then we will have a 3 month old to take along with us.

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 6:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I use to live in Northwest Indiana and we were right on the border of Chicago near the lake. There is Navy Pier(usually something going on there), The Museum of Science and Industry, the Shedd Aquarium, The Sears Tower(i remember the movie ferris bueller when they went to the top of the sears tower and ferris was leaning on the glass LOLLL) , Water Tower place(i think that's still there...big mall), I'm sure your 3 month old will enjoy the calmness of the fish. Millenium park is also there. I've never been there though. But heard of it. If i think of anything else i'll add it here or message you. :)

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 7:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Chicago is a fantastic place for a vacation!!
    First, leave your car at home, and take the train into the city; it is so easy to get around on public transit. Don’t bother with a stroller; use a baby carrier instead.
    Which Marriot will you be staying at?
    Lincoln Park Zoo is free, and a great place to spend a day.
    Here is the link to the City’s tourist website. http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en.html
    www.chicagoparent.com has tons of great suggestions.
    Send me a message offlist if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We'll definitly be driving. We love road trips. Thats part of the fun. Plus, DH is a complete germaphobe! Public transit will never pass with him. I looked it up and the train ride is nearly 6 hours long. If we drive we can stop and grab something if we need to. Especially since we'll have a newborn with us. I will also be breast feeding and won't do so in public with or without a cover on. Too modest for that. Also, a stroller's a must. No way we're going to carry the baby around all weekend. Some times sure, but not all weekend. Not sure which Marriott yet, just begining our planning. Thank you for all your suggestions!!! I'll check out those websites.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• the zoo, navy pier, take a walk along the lake, the aquarium
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 7:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010