Anyone ever used gentle naturals eczema cream?

Hi, my daughter has really bad eczema on her butt, doctors giving me prescriptions that didnt do anything. I finally started using aveeno soothing relief moisture cream and it DID help a lot, but lately it hasnt helped so i got this eczema cream made by.. gentle naturals? its got pooh bear on the front. I was just wondering what your experiences with this cream was.

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, i love it.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Eliminate dairy
    keep baths short and infrequent
    put coconut oil on the afflicted areas

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yes, I have used it on my son. It is super thick and pretty greasy, but seemed to work pretty well. I say go for it. The worst that will happen is it doesn't work! Good luck.
    milo-and-me

Answer by milo-and-me at 9:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I bought it but it was so scented that I didn't use it- unless I am thinking of the Gentle Naturals Eczema Bath or Wash or something. My daughter's skin is sensitive and I thought the perfumes would actually irritate her eczema. I used Aveeno like you said, but mostly just plain old Vaseline worked best. We did have luck with the steroids prescribed by the pediatrician as well but I tried to use them as little as possible, only if it was really flaring up. We also gave her Benadryl if she was really trying to scratch her skin. My daughter's eczema was horrible last winter, it is much better this year but I have taken her off dairy after finding out she has an allergy and I really think that has made a lot of the difference. Good luck, eczema is no fun to deal with.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• vaseline should work - or olive oil.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• it didn't work for my sons eczema, either did the aveeno eczema cream. the Dr told us to use Eucerin Cream, that didnt work either, he suggested Oatmeal baths, that didnt work either, it seems not every eczema solution works for everyone, only the prescripstion hydrocortisone cream works for my son, but his eczema is much better controlled this winter than last year. i dunno
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2010