why would you vote your own answer as best answer? I've seen someone doing this all night.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do it when I have way too many responses and want to close it.

Answer by older at 7:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I don't even know how to vote something a "best answer".LOL. I don't report either.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Is someone trying to get on the list of "Top Answerers?"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• that could be it...but i doubt it. I've seen some people have thousands of best answers so that would take alot of work to do. lol.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You can only vote for Best Answer if it's your question. So you are saying someone is asking a question just to vote their own answer as Best Answer? That's funny.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Some people do it when they see too many answers that disagree with them. They'll throw in a snotty answer and choose it as best in the middle of an argument because they think that means they win the argument.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Probably because they think they have the best answers.
    Anonymous

• Why ask the question in the first place then?
    Even with a zillion answers, I will begin at page one, read through all the answers, send personal messages to anyone who has touched my heart or helped a lot, and then choose the FIRST person to answer the best. I don't play favorites and I don't judge. I also don't ask very many questions, either. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010