Is it ok to take a laxitive (Pill) at 38.4 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• only if you want to risk going into labor.

and also risk your baby having a bowel movement inside which can cause serious lung issues once born.
    Anonymous

• Someone may have a better answer based on facts, but I wouldn't. Castor Oil is a laxative and when I took that at 39 weeks, I started having false labor contractions...HARD contractions and baby aspirated meconium.

I would try fiber supplements and lots of water. Or ask your doctor if anything else is okay to be safe :)

Maybe you'll get some better answers!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 7:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Ask your doctor! That is what he/she is there for!! Gee Whiz!
    Anonymous

• i dont think any time pregnant or not is a good time to take a laxative....stool softeners are a safe alternative for helping with constipaiton. Something like colace
    Anonymous

• An enema will get you going. You can buy the little disposable ones at the drug store. You can also get an enema and hot water bottle kit at the drug store. It's a better set up than the disposables. You can just use plain water. Plain water is always safe.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010