What is Your Favorite Ethnic Family Food to Make?

Can be breakfast, lunch or dinner item(or all three):

I am making holubky or better known as stuffed cabbage. I have a slovak cookbook my mother gave me for my birthday last year, and I love love love all the recipes in here. The polish half in me loves pierogis...potato and cheese and sauerkraut filled. I want to make them from scratch but just don't have time to do that as they are very time consuming to make.

My grandmother also made chicken paprikas is chicken soup with a rue that has sour cream, onions, garlic, and paprika. Yum! Love the dumplings that go with it too(homemade)

So what's your favorite dish to make? Why do you like to make it? Does it bring back memories, or is it just so yummy? OR both? :)

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 7:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cook lots of ethic foods: Indian, Greek, Middle Eastern, Asian...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Italian is my favorite.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• chicken enchiladas and spanish rice. I'm from Texas : )
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Chinese....
    It is special to our family because our oldest dd is adopted from China. We make it as a family for Chinese holidays as well as when we get in the mood.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We love Italian (my fiance is Italian so I've been getting good at making some of the recipes.) Also, one of my all time favorites (German) is bratwurst and saurkraut!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Indian is my favorite and I tell my DH I married him for yummy Indian food. I also like Chinese, Korea, Thai, Middle Eastern, Greek and German.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Good lord, I can't pick just one... I love so many cuisines. I especially enjoy cooking Japanese food though.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I make chicken paprika too with homemade spaetzle (noodles), my kids love it. The whole family enjoys chinese food too, but mostly we eat tex-mex cuisine...we're from Texas and my husband is hispanic. Epicurious.com is an awesome website to find all different types of cuisine to cook
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I just started making Pierogie! I actually found a great little recipe. ( We don't put sourkraut in ours though) Anyway, it's really easy and it only takes me about 2 hours start to finish to make about 80 of them. Let me know if you'd like the recipe!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010