How nasty would your hands and feet have to be before you'd refuse to get a mani/pedi?

My mom has contact dermatitis on her feet. It's NOT contagious, but they leave her feet looking raw and cracked. I keep telling her to go get a professional pedicure to make her feel better, but she keeps saying that everyone will make fun of her feet.

So how bad would you have to be before you refused to let anyone work on you?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do a pedicure once a month, and a manicure every two weeks.

Answer by older at 7:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• doesn't matter to me, no one touches my feet but me, manicures I get as a treat... I think I've had 2in the last 5 years. I just do everything at home, myself.
    Anonymous

• Once I got a pedi and the lady said in broken English, "You see this? This yuck!" And pointed to my callouses. They get paid to touch feet. They see it all. And they depend on you feeling like your feet will be wretched without their help.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Eh I have scars on my feet and I don't like to even wear sandals. That's all I need is someone pointing out to me how funny my feet look.  So I do my own feet but I have manicures every couple of months. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I cut my own damn nails and have never had anything done to my nails, skin, eyebrows and I wear no make up----i don't own any and don't know how to use it if anyone gave me some!! AND IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT THEY DO NOT HAVE TO LOOK!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IN ALL THAT EXTRA SHIT!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

Good job at completely not answering the question. Try not to hurt yourself when you get down from that soap box.
    Anonymous

• I do my own every week to ten days... I'm soooo CDO (which is like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, like they should be!) about my feet, and toes in particular. I pumice in the shower daily, and moisturize. My feet are always sandal ready, which is kind of a must since we're coastal now.

my mom had never had a pedi before, so I do hers ever months or so now- and have for about the past 5-6 years.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• yo blue~ I understand your POV, I don't wear makeup either (and I have Rosacea, so its horrible!!!)... it sounds as though you're bothered with people judging you for it. If that's the case, you need to get over it. I'm not a "girly" girl either, but I am a woman, and do like to be seen as such... there is NOTHING wrong with doing something that makes you feel good. Maybe you should try- it sounds like you're afraid of your femininity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• They are not going to make fun of her feet. They are there to make MONEY! Which means they will offer her every pampering deal they have.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No way I'm letting anyone touch my feet. Not cause they're gross, cause they're not that bad, but because I'm too ticklish to even consider it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2010