is it ok to let your 3 week old cry for 30 min while you eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Moms need to eat too. I would find it really hard to let my little one cry that long, but as long as they are safe, feed, and clean then take care of you. You could try to wear the baby in a sling, this way you have hand free and the babe is near you.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If nothing is wrong, baby is fed, diaper is dry ect and it is just fussy time yeah
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't but that's just me. I could hold a 3 week old baby and eat at the same time. Sometimes they can just lay across your lap face down and be content. If I did lay the child down I'd at least touch him/her to let them know I was there and not to be afraid. I would of course make sure they were not crying from being hungry, wet, soiled or hurting in any way.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• No. Five minutes while you eat yes. 30 is more than you need.
    Anonymous

• nope- but then, mine never cried because they were on me, in a sling/wrap where they belonged... if baby is crying, there IS a reason, even if you can't tell what it is. to let a baby that young cry without at least comforting them is neglect.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i couldn't let my baby cry for thirty minutes sorry but ur a mom now learn to hold that little one n eat too it's not like the baby is seven months old he or she is only three weeks old how could u even hear ur baby cry thirty minutes without holding them i understand if it bed time n there older or u are ganna hurt ur baby if u don't walk away for a little n by little i mean ten minutes n then call someone if u can't take it but when u have a kid learn u have very little u time u gave that up the sec u had that child sorry if that makes u mad but it's the way i feel
    Anonymous

• a 3 wk old doesnt cry for no reason...if they were older they would cry from being spoiled maybe from being held to much but i wouldnt let a 3wk old cry it out. Let someone else hold the baby if they are finished or comfort them and then get back to eating...and please dont let them cry it out if you are dining out...i hate when parents let their kids do that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• The best advice I ever received as a new mother was "Crying won't kill them" (I have twins). You can't spend every second holding your child and if you do, you're going to regret it later. My babes are 18 months old now and VERY well adjusted. They have been sleeping through the night since they were 3 months old. I'm a CIO mommy (no choice really when there is two of them!) and as long as baby is fed and clean and safe, crying is just what they do.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• At 3 weeks old, I wouldn't let my kids. At 3 months old that would be too long IMO. If my kids were still crying after 15 minutes they were crying for a reason, they needed something, so it never went past that for us.
    Anonymous

• Who needs 30 minutes to eat? Seriously? I have/had a baby with health issues that caused excessive crying. Yeah, I would turn the monitor off for a few minutes and eat in peace but for 5 minutes - not 30!  Geesh!

surprised

karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010