Why do you delete your questions?

I just spent a lot of my time googling an answer for someone and put my heartfelt thought into it and not two minutes later....poof! It was gone. So why delete it? Do you not like the answers? Are you embarrassed by the question you asked? I don't get why people delete their questions after people give their time effort to answer them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't delete mine very often but I have in the passed for different reasons- I became emberassed with the question or I didnt like how others were responding or I got the answer I wanted or I didn't want DH to see the question I had asked
    Anonymous

• It drives me crazy when people do that! But sometimes it's not their fault. You never know when a question is reported for it's content or for the answers. So I try not to be to upset about it. It's hard not to get frustrated when it's something that shouldn't be reported and so you know that's not the reason for it being deleted. Just have to shrug it off...
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I always try to choose someone as a Best Answer rather than delete it. I think I deleted one question without choosing a Best Answer because the few people who posted to it were Anons trying to stir up trouble without addressing the issue at all.
    I find it frustrating to get a message that I've been chosen as Best Answer and when I go to see what I answered (I mean, what did I say?) the question has been deleted! At least give a person the chance to see the question first so they can use the same advice on someone else who may have the same type of question/problem.
    Ah well. That's life.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• maybe they got the answers they were looking for are tired of people responding so they removed the question.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010