How often do you replace the drip pans under the stove-top burners of your range?

I have an electric range and I replace the drip pans once a year, right after the heavy holiday cooking is done. But I do a lot of cooking and baking all during the year, so maybe they get worse than yours. How often and when do you replace them?

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 7:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to replace them when it got to the point where SOS pads could no longer get the current ones clean enough to my satisfaction. Also, when we used to rent we ALWAYS bought new ones before we moved out as something nice to do for the landlord (we always had good ones).
    Of course, there weren't any drip pans with the gas stove we had in one place and I hated cleaning the porcelain stovetop under the metal gratings and around the flame holders.....they were never clean enough for my taste.
    When we bought our house we bought a new fridge and stove and the stove we chose is a glasstop, which I absolutely LOVE! The special cleaner they make for it gets it clean as a whistle and it is so smooth and shiny. I love it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I bought a smooth top range when we redid our kitchen... I had a gas range and it was a pain to keep clean. Now I just wipe it clean and once in a while I use ceramic cleaner on it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Never, I just clean them after I use them.
    Anonymous

• I have those little chrome thingymajigs that go around the burner I usually just use foil around them and when they look really messy and dirty I just rip it off and put new ones on them and for the top responses are good tips too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Those "little chrome thingymajigs" IS the drip pan, they cost like $2.99-$3.99/ea and available anywhere.
    Anonymous

• yeah, the foil helps for inbetween replacing, but I only ever bought the super cheap ones at the store anyways.
    Anonymous

• Oh, wow, I'm forever changing mine, I always seem to have something boiling over. How do you stop something from boiling over???
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• How do you stop something from boiling over???
    You turn the heat down.
    Anonymous

• Never, I use oven cleaner and keep them clean. Wipes in between helps too.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I have a flat-top stove so I don't have to replace them, but when we had one that used drip-pans I usually cleaned them every time I cooked on the stove so we never really needed to replace them.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 8:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2010