How do you know if your SO really wants to be with you?

We are having a baby that's due pretty soon and I'm very hormonal and I always tell him I'm going to put him on child support when I get angry with him. He says he loves me and all that but when we don't spend time every weekend I feel like we're drifting. I've been getting this way for the past week and don't know why. I'm usually calm and able to get along with him but I wonder if he really loves me. How do I know? I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• hormones i would say i have been feeling like this and i know my hubby loves me and i would start crying and he would tell he loves me for me and i tell him does he really want to be with me and he says if i didnt i wouldnt have married you

so i would just sit down and tell him how you feel and you are sure its hormones but want to hear why he loves you and why he wanted to married you stuff like that and it is good to hear once in awhile good luck and im sure he does love you
    Anonymous

• I'll tell you now, that everytime I'm pregnant and for a good 6 months after we've had each of our babies, we are butting heads and I feel like this too....not to say it isn't a valid feeling, but to say things grow bigger than they actually are when we're hormonal! hang in there hun!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't sound like you have been using "forever" type language, so I think if you want to remain with him forever, you should talk like it, and act like it (don't throw around child support since you assume you'll be together).
    As for him, I don't know how old he is, what he does for work, or if this is his first child, but I would show my husband for example, the nexting deal in a book and tell him, this is how i feel. I think this is why I am always talking about the baby and wanting to stock up on groceries and shampoo." And when i stressed after that, he'd say something like, "Well you won't be confined to the house, if you forget this or that, we'll make sure to get it if you need it" and so on...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• hormones
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• How do you know? He proposes and you get married.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You know b/c he's there. Always remind yourself he wouldn't be there if he didn't want to be. Also, some of it is just trust. You have to just trust that he wants to be there.

Your hormones are getting the better of you, that's all. Tell him how you feel. Tell him you're feeling a bit hormonal and need a little reassurance about why he's with you and that he really wants to be with you.

Also, keep in mind that relationships kind of have an ebb and flow to them. There will be times you will feel like you're drifting apart, and then you have to get that closeness back. It'll happen. You'll have to work at it a bit, have dinner together, watch a movie together, things like that. But don't panic and think the worst.

Also, never threaten breaking up (the child support) unless it's truly an option to you. If you want to be with him forever, then talk like it. Don't let breaking up be something you consider.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010