how would you describe your parenting style and preferences in key words? (from 0 to teen...)

Natural delivery ( I preferred that and I'm glad I was able to deliver naturally, but that's not a parenting style since you don't totally have control on those decisions and a lot can happen), Breastfeeding for 1 year, Swaddling, Co-sleeping in the same room for 8 weeks but not in the same bed, Sleep Sacks, not toys in cribs or blanket, not crazy about immunizations but still getting them, Minimizing dependence (no nightlights, no pacifiers etc), Home made organic baby purees, exposures to as much food diversity and cultures as possible, attachment parenting balanced with discipline, baby carriers, baby massages, focus on strength of child more than weakness, not trying to be the child's best friend but a real parent, unconditional love, solid happy couple for a loving home environment.

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 8:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• exsausted - LOL
    Anonymous

• he he. I should have added that one too. :P
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• LOL - it's all I could come up with. I am a single mom of a 6 yr old boy that may as well be the poster child for ADHD, and I work full time. I love him dearly, and wouldnt trade him for the world, but exsausted is the only word that came to mind.
    :)
    Anonymous

• Attachment parenting, non vaxing, organic, natural birthing mama :)
    Anonymous

• non vaxing is part of a parenting style? you mean the floor or....
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 9:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am more of a laid back parent that believes in natural consequences when at all possible. I do not spank because I feel it doesn't teach the appropriate behaviors. I talk with my child, explain what I expect from him, I take things away. I make him apologize, I demand respect from him and I give respect to him. I teach and show my child how I want him to behave. I give him choices and I give him the ability to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. I do what I feel is best for my child and don't care what anyone else thinks or does with their kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Gather as much information as possible, thru books, advice, experience, and then, when in doubt, go with my gut.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• BFd for short time (pumping) the FFd twins, CIO, sleep-in-your-crib, vaccinating, if the paci makes you happy it makes me happy, blankie/teddy bear if you're attached to it so am I, fed them jarred baby food and the STILL grew, let them eat dirt, I don't use anti bacterial products some bacteria is normal and healthy, it was fine for me as a kid so it'll be fine for you too, non ERF, teaching manners and common sense, some junk food won't kill them kind of Mom :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2010