my husband and i are trying to concieve but i just micarried twins. how long should we wait?

i am 24 and i have had 3 miscarriages. the latest miscarriage i've had was with twins. i am just wondering about how long we should wait to try to have another baby?

precious2485

Asked by precious2485 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They say to wait at least 3 months so that your body can heal from the miscarriage. I would also work with your doctor to figure out why you keep miscarrying. Good luck and I am sorry for your loss.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. I would check with my doctor to see why they think you keep miscarrying. You can also ask them how long you need to wait to try again.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Wow! The exact same thing happened to me. I had 3 miscarriages and the last one was twins. I lost the twins at the beginning of june and was pregnant again at the end of june. That was the first pregnancy that went well! I'm not saying you should try right away but I did and it worked out for me. Good luck I know how hard it is not to give up hope.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I am sorry for your losses. I had two miscarriages and the doctor said to wait just one cycle before trying again. He said the only reason, in most cases, that they say that is to have a starting point for a new pregnancy. Did they do any blood work on you after the last loss? If not, ask your doctor about it. I would also recommend having them check your hcg and progesterone levels when you decide to get pregnant again. My progesterone was dropping with my current pregnancy and had I not insisted they check it, I would have lost this one, too. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2010