I just bought a ovualtion kit, has anyone else used it before??

My husband and I have been trying to have another baby for a few months now, and no luck. So I went out and bought a Ovulation Kit hoping that I can pin point when im ovuating. I was just wondering if anyone else has used them before and how long did it take??? Any advise would be great :) Thanks

sweetpea0614

Asked by sweetpea0614 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I used them and it took 4 months for us to conceive, they are a great guide but you should also have intercourse on off days as well just in case you are one of those people that have more than one LH surge a cycle, I suggest using the kit for timing intercourse daily and other than that have intercourse every other day, that is the best way to conceive, it took us longer because we were using tricks we learned to conceive a boy. I dunno if we did yet or not but that is why it took longer we were limited by the OPK instead of covering all the bases. Good luck. I also advise that your DH drinks coffee 20 mins prior to the deed it gets his sperm excited so they swim faster and harder, there are also positions that place the semen close to the cervix or even in the cervix so they can get to the fallopian tubes faster and in higher number. Once again good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I used an ovulation test while trying to conceive with my son. I learned that the first month I had gone off of my birth control I did not ovulate. The second month I ovulated 15 days after my period, but had no luck getting pregnant. The following month I again ovulated 15 days after my period & we were lucky enough to conceive. I had read and read and read about increasing our chances, and most MEDICAL sites, (not old wives tale BS) said that having sex every other day was the best thing you can do.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010