Overwhelmed- how to manage time?

I have so many things I need to do. I need to do some deep spring cleaning and purge things I dont need, clean before my husband gets home, study for the German drivers test, get the house ready for move-out, and start eating well and exercising.. but I also need to keep up with my daily chores and take care of my 1 year old at the same time.
I feel so overwhelmed even though I make lists... but the lists are piling up and I cant keep track of them. Plus I feel tired all the time- which is why Im hoping exercising will help too.
How do I manage to do all of these things? When my husband comes home, I will have less time to get these things done. Help!?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 8:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Here's an idea-
    set 20 minutes or so to clean out an area (say your closet), but only taking out what you can put back right away, so after the 20 mins, you don't have a bigger mess...do this every day. or like me, i do 15 mins in the kitchen, 15 somewhere else. 15 more in kitchen, 15 somewhere else and so on...

As for eating well, start planning your meals. Some nice websites are mealmakeovermoms, allrecipes, and thesneakychef. her lasagna is great.

Get a planner & calendar (both- the calendar hangs on the inside of a kit. cabinet and the planner is more private) and USE them.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Your problem doesn't sound like unorganization. It sounds like you think you need to be superwoman. First you CAN let the dusting go for a day and it IS ok if you vacuum twice a week instead of 5 times. Your sons room doesn't need to be spick and span every day. 3 people don't generate that much laundry so why not do it less often? It's ok if dinner is 30 minutes later every now and then (if it isn't your dh is a jerk). Those are just examples but I hope you get my drift. You need priorities. If you want to exercise, do it in the morning before your son gets up. You don't say his age so I dont' know his needs but there are always naps and whatever age he should be able to play by himself for 30 minutes. A day planner or large calendar is good so you can write important things on it. Dr appts, take/pick up laundry, take car in for oil change etc. Write these things down at the beginning of the wk. Do grocery and meals to
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2010