Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He will never change

My sister is in a abusive realtionship. She has two black eyes and a wired jaw. She just got out of the hospital but already has taken her husband back. He beats her all the time. She want leave him she says" he is the love of her life". I don't know what to do. I don't want to get a call saying she's dead. How can I help her even thought she doesn't want it?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Call the POlice and when he's gone take her to your local women's shelter. They should have counsoling and will help her get her own safe place to live where she can get her life straighned out. I pray that she can be strong enough to do it. It's the only way to save her life.

    Answer by Texan1993 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • Call the cops in most states it doesn't matter if she files the complaint or not, if he is in jail then she might wake the hell up, if you have to I would kidnap her. She will end up dead if you don't do something now.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • i agree, call the cops

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • That's not love it's obsession. It's dangerous. It's relationship addiction. It's low self esteem where he has her convinced she can't make it without him and he probably told her she doesn't deserve anything better than how he treats her. His control over her is scary. No he won't change and if he does kill her he'll just find another co-dependent to let him do it to her as well. I hope he is arrested so she can get away from him and see that's not a normal life and it's certainly not love.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • her fault. and his. she has the right to leave and not talk to him. his for beating her

    Answer by bmdred at 10:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

  • her fault. and his. she has the right to leave and not talk to him. his for beating her
    You've obviously never been in an abusive relationship. The mental stuff associated with being an abused woman makes it very difficult for them to leave. It is NOT her fault.

    to the OP: call the police and report it annonymously. Take that first step for her and then support her in whatever will come next. I hope she can find the strength to get away from him. She will likely have to go into hiding of some sort. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010