would you be upset?

For the last two weekends I have been trying to get out of my house and do something with my husband because I am a stay at home and feel like prisoner in my own home sometimes. So last saturday I found a babysitter so we could go out but then my husband did not want to and then yesterday I found a babysitter but then my husband did not want to go out either. Then today i thought my husband was in class all day so I was waiting for him to get off to spend some time with him but then I found out he was at the bar!

I cant find a babysiter so now I am stuck at home once again by myself while he is out having fun with his friends even though he knows how badly I want to do something too.

Am I being stupid? I just wanted to get out of this house and I have been trying but now I cant and he is still at the bar....i just want to cry sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be beyond upset I would be pissed, he needs to get it together or get out in my mind. I stay at home as well and if my husband ever did this I would kick him out, that is mean and selfish behavior. He needs to show you some respect. I have gotten upset about not getting out and one time i just walked out of the house and left him with our DD, he didn't have a choice he had to stay home and it also got my point across. Good luck and hide the weapons so you aren't tempted.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry, have you talked to your husband about how you feel. Sometimes you just got to get out. I understand that as I'm sure al SAHM's do. When you talk to him ask him how he would feel if the situations were reversed. Maybe he'll understand that. Good Luck!
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• This is one of the reasons I got a divorce. I was never more lonely than when I was married sitting home with the kids and he was out having a good time with everyone else. Yes there was more to it but for the most part that loneliness just got to me

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I would be beyond angry!!! You need to have a heart to heart with him. THAT is not right, you need to take care of you too.

Anonymous

• I'd be upset.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I feel for you. Screw the babysitter tell your husband when he wakes up on the weekend that you're going out and you'll see him later. Let him watch the baby, you go out see some friends or visit some family or better yet go to a day spa. I know it's hard because you have your child at home. But, sometimes showing him that you have a life too, will surprise him. I've done that, I work outside the home and come home to my daughter and some times on the weekend I tell my husband I'm going out have fun with his daughter. He'll call me and get upset but now he knows how it feels. Good luck.

happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 9:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• for one thing u should of never let him go out to begin with. And b waiting for him when he gets home . That is something u are going to have to nip in the bud if not he will continue to do it again and not think twice about it . Been there doen that . and fixed it real quick.
    Anonymous

• That's a pretty selfish thing he did. Maybe next time you find a babysitter, you should go out without him.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• my dad did that alot when i was younger so one day my mom went to tha bar and too the keys out of his truck. he no longer goes to the bar, he goes to the drive thro and comes home and drinks
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• OMG I'D BE SO PISSED! Wtf is his defect?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010