Is getting pregnant w/ my 2nd a good idea.

My husband & I are considering trying for our 2nd child come June 2010. Our son will be 10m old at that time. My sister is 6yr older than I am and his brother is 5yrs younger than he is, so we dont have much experience with kids being close in age. I am a stay @ home mom, trying to take classes so eventaully I end up with a degree so I can work when my son goes to school. We know we want another child, & I kinda feel like I should get child bearing out the way so Im not home with them for next 10yrs. The plan was to space them out by 4yrs- but now Im not so sure. Would having two 20m apart be chaotic and crazy?

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• it's crazy.. my daughter and son are 24 mo apart, and although its crazy sometimes, i think it's the perfect distance between kids.. they play great together.. and my daughter wasn't really old enough to resent, or be envious of the new baby... so it's worked out very well.

good luck!!
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My girls are 20 months apart. It is crazy and chaotic at times but I wanted to have them close together so they could play well as they get older. My youngest is only 5 months now so I don't have a huge amount of experience yet. I will tell you that when my youngest was born the first month was extremely hard, my only advice is let the little things go. My oldest was on routine, when she ate, when she napped, bath and bedtime routine. Well, not anymore. But now I watch my oldest dance for my youngest to get her to giggle and laugh and I wouldn't change it at all.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Personally, I'd wait a little longer. My daughter turned 5 just a few months before our son was born. I'm not saying wait that long though. But I would wait until you youngest in at least starting potty training before you try again. It's going to be crazy no matter when you have another! lol.. Every time you add another baby to the mix, it will get crazier! But I'm sure you'll do great at it. If you're ready now, then I say go for it. But I don't think waiting until summer of '11 will hurt.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i wouldnt space them out as far as 4 years, i think you should star TTC around baby#1's 2nd birthday. but thats just me
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We started trying when our first was 10 months, and got pregnant when he was 13 months. I wasn't as excited as I felt I should have been at the beginning, mostly because my son was just hitting the independent toddler stage and really trying my patience. And having one child who was my whole world was all I knew, so I was freaking out towards the end of my pregnancy about adding a newborn to the mix. Then she was born, and it was overwhelming at first, having a toddler who I loved so much and wanted to spend time with and a baby who needed me so much...but once we got into a routine, it got much better. And my toddler loves his baby sister to death, and it'll be nice having them grow up together. And my first, being so young at the time (22 months), will never really remember a time when his sister wasn't around, you know? So after 9 months having two, I'd say I like this age difference. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I would wait I have a 3yr old who was 2yrs and 5mths old when I had my second and it worked out great because I don't have to worry about having to take care of two babies my 3yr old already talked and could tell me what she wanted and went potty by herself. I just found out that I am expecting again and my daughter is only 8mths old it was not planned but birth control cdosent work for me ive tried 3 different ones and had an apt to try another bc but it happend and im still very excited but I would have waited until she was at least 2 my daughter will be 1yr and 5mths when I have my baby but it's still going to be hard watching after two babies...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 12:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2010