im 26 weeks n jus had sex and now i think im having bh contractions what should i do?

im having period like cramps n my tummy is tighting up n relaxing..should i be ok?
im drinking water

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you are concerned call your ob
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Braxton Hicks are harmless contractions. They are a tightening and releasing and can be painless or painful; it varies from woman to woman. It is quite common to have BH after sex and it means nothing at all and should be no concern. The "period" like cramps are another story. If you are having true period like, warm feeling cramps in your lower uterus that should always be reported to your dr. The only time you should feel period like cramps when pregnant is during labor.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You are fine. If it keeps up call Labor & Delivery

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• your uterus can contract after sex/orgasm... if you are worried, call your OB
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• this happenes damn near evertime i have sex i drink water n lay down it usally takes a lil while 2 work but you'll ok. just keep on drinkin water cuz if u go to the hospital all they will do is give fluids in a iv then send u home neway.
    TAYLABO

Answer by TAYLABO at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You don't need to do anything. That just means that hormones were flowing and that your uterus is responding to them - which is a good sign for whenever labor does start. Just relax if they're a bit uncomfortable and they'll taper off.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If they dont go away after 20 min or so, call your doctor. I thought I was having BH and I ignored it....a week later I delivered my baby at 28 weeks.
    MyKenzieGirl

Answer by MyKenzieGirl at 10:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• BH contractions are totally normal... you can start having them starting at 6 weeks even though you can't feel them. And you'll have them till very late in your pregnancy... Just means your progressing further so congrats! Let your doctor know at your next apt just in case you might be having real contractions since every woman is different. I myself am 38 weeks pregnant with my first baby and it was hard to tell if I was having BH or real contractions because everyone that told me how they felt said something different. However, now that I'm having real contractions I can definitely tell the difference... if they are very close together definitely call your doctor... but if they're irregular like mine are now then you should be fine.
    Beanzy22

Answer by Beanzy22 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2010