Am I forgetting anything? (Hospital bag for me and baby)

I'm almost 37 weeks so I'm packing mine and babies bags for the hospital.
I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. So far in her diaper bag I have her clothes, socks, a hat, the little gloves so she don't scratch her face, diapers, wipes, powder, and a pacifier. I've got a recieving blanket and a thicker blanket laying folded in her carseat. Will I need to take a bottle for when we leave the hospital or while I'm there? (Its been over 4 yrs since I had my first and I can't remember).
For me I'm packing a night gown, house shoe sock like things, clothes for when I leave, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and brush, hair brush, all my make up is already in my purse and so is chapstick, camera and charger, and deodorant. And I'm thinking about taking the portable DVD player to pass some time lol I don't want to forget anything but I don't want to go overboard either.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no bottle, no powder
    you got it all
    congrats!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I didn't take anything. They have everything at the hospital

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• dont take diapers, the hospital provides them
    congrats
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I brought some extra pillows with me and was so glad- ok, actually a lot of pillows. I had a body pillow, regular pillow, nursing pillow and neck pillow. That might have been a bit much (LOL!) but I was really thankful to have extra since the hospital pillows left a lot to be desired. Have a great delivery!!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• they usually supply diapers, use theirs, they are free. i nursed so i didn't use a bottle, but they brought me formula at one time because her sugar was high and they wanted me to give her some formula for some reason. so it won't hurt to take a bottle, but i think they have those as well. I would take some large over night sized pads for yourself. the ones they give you are like mattresses and they suck big time. Most doctors and nurses don't recommend using powder on baby, so you could probably just leave that at home. congrats and good luck!
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yeah, Id skip the bottle, powder, diapers, and wipes. Do you have a change of clothes for you? I also took my own pillow from home just to be more comfy. You may consider taking breast pads so that if you leak, you dont get all wet. Our room had a dvd player, so we just brought movies with us.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Pads if you have a preference for something other than the monstrous ones they provide. A nursing bra, pads, and pillow if you plan on breastfeeding. No need for diapers, wipes, or bottles; the hospital provides all of that, and since you'll be paying for it anyway, you might as well use theirs.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Thanks :) I tend to go overboard sometimes. I'm glad you guys said pillows bc I remember how crappy hospital
    pillows are!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• The hospital will supply you with everything you need for the baby and quite a bit for what you need, other than that, pack yourself a comfy long nightshirt if you don't want to wear a gown the whole time (I don't recommend shorts or pj pants because the nurses will be coming in now and again to check you down there. Don't worry too much about bringing the bag with you when you first go. You're going to be too preoccupied with labor! If you want to bring a book or game for early labor that's ok but really anything else is unnecessary. Another reason not to worry about the bag right away is because you can have a friend stop by your house soon after you have the baby, call them and ask them to bring it and you may have other things that you didn't think you'd want or need.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2010