What is the average cost of a full outfit for you- say a top, bottom, shoes and accessories?

I would have to say for me it's in the neighborhood of $100-200, but only because I only wear costume or sterling silver jewelry so that keeps the costs down. I keep seeing posts that say people are buying $20 jeans- from where? I have never been able to find a decent pair for that much. Could that be because I am a larger woman (size 14)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ross's is where i buy most of my closes and can usually get an entire outfit for no more then 50.00 but that would be spending a lot for me. I can get name brand clothes for a lot cheaper, otherwise i don't buy name brand.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I've never found a pair of jeans for $20 so I don't know what they are talking about. An outfit for me is probably around $150 but I wear my good jewelry with all my clothes so I don't buy matching costume jewelry.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I got lands end jeans on sale for $15, cute sweater on sale for $15, got my boots for $25, only wear one necklace that was given to me by my son . and thats a wrap. so $55 TOPS
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Um well i dont wear earings alot.. And the necklace i do wear is real silver. Jeans, top and maybe a shirt over it and shoes cost over $100... If i went to the Mall to buy me new clothes its going to cost around 200 because i need new clothes so i would buy a few shirts.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 9:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I got some CUTE ass jeans at walmart too (don't look like walmart jeans) for $9
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Kohls!!!!!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Maybe $50, if that. Most of the t-shirts I wear are from give-aways, and that's pretty much all I wear as far as shirts go. I buy packaged Hanes panties. My nursing bras were on clearance for $4 when I got them. My shoes were on clearance for $10. And my jeans were $20. I won't pay more than that, and I'm a 14, have no trouble finding them. Go to Ross or T.J. Maxx or Marshall's, sometimes you can get lucky at Goodwill or a thrift store. The ones I wear now I got at Old Navy when they were having a sale.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Size 14 isn't large at all. Are you kidding me right now?
    Walmart sells nice quality jeans for 18 dollars. You can find jeans for less then 50 dollars that are really good quality.
    I can buy a full outfit for 50 dollars at the most. That's good quality clothing for really low prices.

I only buy my shirts at Target though, because Walmart quality shirts are horrible. They shrink regardless of how I wash/dry them. Target has great quality shirts for a low price.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• no more than 50 but i would not buy any new shoes or jewlery
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• BTW I am a 14 - a 16 I buy clothes from walmart or kohls clearnce sales
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010