Do you ever feel like you never really had to be responsible in life?. I have never had to take care of myself. I went from living with my parents to being on my own for 2 years. To being taken care of by my husband. I mean I'm a great mother and wife but that all I really ever had to be responsible for.

I feel kinda like I should be doing more or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• like what?
    Anonymous

• You live a charmed life and attract good things to yourself. That's not something to feel guilty for.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• SOunds like you were responsible for yourself for 2 years definately/
    May I suggest volunteering?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If you're a great Mom and Wife I think you accomplished quite a bit! Don't under estimate yourself!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I understand what you mean and im not going to bash you. I lived with my mom since i was born until i was 20 years old (2003). Well i did get married, she still paid for food and stuff because i was living with her and my husband was living with me too in her house. He got a job as soon as he could find one but we never paid rent because the job was minimum wage and we kept the money. It was OKAY with her and her BF at the time. When i got pregnant i got wic and i got what i needed plus i used his check to buy food. but we still didnt pay rent. I moved in with MIL for a month or more and then back with my mom and him. My moms bf broke it off with her and he left. then dh was in Boot camp and i helped my mom with half rent and food. then we moved to germany in 2005 Aug. so she was left alone and ended up moving out in a 1 1/2 to my grandparents house cuz she couldnt do it alone. So yea i always been taken care of.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 9:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i moved out at 18, was responsible for myself until 21, got pregnant, and have supported my family since...
    i wish i didn't have to be so responsible sometimes...
    it's stressful.
    Anonymous

• I lived with my parents until I was 23, except for a year when I lived with my Aunt and Uncle. When I was 18 for just for an experience. Then after I moved out with my then boyfriend (now husband) when I was 23. I knew responsibility, I knew what it took to be an adult, my parents taught me all of that. But I never had to actually apply that until I moved in with my boyfriend. Even then he took care of everything. Then we got married and had two kids and .. everything got shoved into reality. It was quite eye opening, but very overwhelming, scary, and really put me into shock. Now I'm twenty five, married, two kids, and own my own home and I'm still shocked. I feel like I didn't experience anything, because I never took the initiative to get out and do stuff on my own. Take responsibility when I was young and just live life. Now I'm in a house with people to take care of and it's all surreal to me to this day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You're responsible for your children. That's a pretty huge responsibility.

People living the single life for decades may never experience the level of responsibility which you have for those kids.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I've never felt that way. I went off to college at 18 and had a job, moved out of the dorms at 19 and lived on my own until I was 22. Then I got married at 23 and started a family. I take care of them. In fact, for the first 7 years of our marriage I was responsible for EVERYTHING except bringing in the money. I took care of everything else.
    My husband, on the other hand, has never been responsible for himself. He may have a job but he's never lived on his own (he lived with his parents until he was 23 then he moved in with me). He can't cook, clean, do laundry, balance a check book, etc. He has the responsibility maturity of a spoiled 12yo expecting me to do everything for him. It's annoying. I was hoping he'd grow up eventually but I guess that's asking too much. (we've been married 10 years now)
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My oldest DD is living that life and I'm sorry to say that she does not appreciate it and is extremely selfish and irresponsible.
    I'm glad to see that you don't behave that way.
    {{hugs}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010