Should I have to invite her to my baby shower?

I am 17 and live at home with my parents. My parents are supportive about my pregnancy. But I have an aunt that I REALLY do not like. She has done many thinks to me that are rude. My dad says that I have to invite her to my baby shower because she is family and I am inviting all my other aunts.. I feel like its MY baby shower and I should be able to invite who ever I want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• who knows she might buy you stuff, just think she doesnt have to ever hold the baby.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you should have to, but think of it this way she is another gift bearing person that you can ignore if you have to.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You need to invite her. I've had aunts like that, but that's life. If you don't invite her, it will just give her more ammunition against you.

lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• She'll bring a gift. You'll need baby stuff. You can suck it up for 3 hours. We don't get to pick our families! We do get to practice patience with them!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's your baby shower. If you don't want her there you are not obligated to have her there! This is YOUR day, you need to surround yourself with people who are supportive!!! If she gets upset that you didn't invite her, let her know that she has said some very hurtful things to you and if she can't be supportive of you and the baby, she is not welcome!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Personally, I would not invite anyone that I didn't want there. Regardless of what they do or do not buy, I do not want people I do not like at my baby shower. It is YOUR day to celebrate the coming of your baby, you make the call as to who comes and who doesn't. Your parents may not like your choice, but they will agree that you want only positive energy at the party. If this Aunt is rude and you don't like her, then it will most likely make things awkward and negative. You don't want her there, then she shouldn't be there. Your parents will understand eventually.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• You would be able to make that decision on your own if you were an adult before you had children.
    Anonymous

• Invite her. What's nice about parties is that you probably won't have to be one-on-one with her. Hopefully your other aunts and your mom will be able to keep her in check. It will make HER look bad if she says something rude. And, just because you invite her doesn't mean she will attend. You're already in a pretty tough situation being so young. I hope everything works out!
    forgetmenot96

Answer by forgetmenot96 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• invite her, but you don't have to speak to her.
    i invited people i didn't want to, but i was thankful for getting gifts from them. i needed all the help i could get.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Grow up and invite her. Don't be petty. Its childish.
    Anonymous