Pregnancy tests.

Okay, well I have been kinda worried that I might be pregnant again. Usually I expect my period around the 16th of the month, but around the first week of January, I started seeing this brownish pink discharge and then it went away and I read on a couple websites it could be ovulation or pregnancy. Well my best friend had the same thing and she's pregnant. She just found out shes 5 weeks. Now the 16th weekend rolls around, No period. But I had a test a week ago say negative, and on the paper it said if this is my second it could mess with test answers. I'm clueless :[.

KhemiV

Asked by KhemiV at 9:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Home tests can be wrong. They only detect a certain hormone. You might not have the right amount of the hormone in your urine.

Wait at least 2 days after your missed period. If you're not getting a positive or a period, then call the doc. Some women don't show positive in urine tests for months.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• A week ago would have been too early, even if you are pregnant. Test again in a few days if your period doesn't show. Though if your last period was on time and normal, the timing of the spotting leads me to think it was more likely because of ovulation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I took a test with this one that was negative, and then a week later got a positive.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• To me i have learned skip the tests and go straight to the doctor for an exam,blood work and depending on your clinic an ultrasound since this can give you better answers sooner.I have used tests that said negative for weeks afterwards some females those tests do not give clear answers.
    Anonymous