What would you want DH or SO to decide if you were unable to make a decision yourself?

Say your pregnant and something happened, and you were unable to make a decision. If DH or SO had to make the decision to save you or the baby which would you want him to choose? I honestly don't know which I would want him to choose...if it really came down to it I'd probably want him to choose to have the doctors save the baby. It would be such a hard choice.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine told me that he would always chose me over the baby because we are young and healthy and can get pregnant again and there is no other woman in the world who can raise his children. I told him I wasn't so sure about that and didn't want to think about it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I would want him to save the baby I have already lived so much life I would want my child to

Anonymous

• That's a tough one. On one hand, I'd want him to save the baby, because it would be his first child. OTOH, I have 2 kids already and they need me, so I'd want him to save me, so I could be here for my kids. Hmm...something he and I will need to discuss if we ever decide to have a child together, I guess.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Me. My other children need me around as much as my husband would want me around. If it was possible to save both of us, I'd definitely prefer that, but if it were one or the other, I'd hate to lose a baby like that, but I think it's more important at this point for me to be there for my other kids.
    Anonymous

• The baby, My other kids have grandmothers and aunts and lots of family that can step in a fill my spot but I would never forgive him if he let our baby die because he was afraid to raise the kids alone
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We have actually discussed this, I say the baby and he says he'd save me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• We discussed this too. We'd save me because we have other kids to take care of. It would be heart breaking, but we'd work through it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I don't know what he'd do, but I would prefer he save the baby.
    mt4704

Answer by mt4704 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010