Is it worth going out on a date with your hubby even worth it, if your the only one that wants to go and he could care less?

Me and our neighbor were planning on tradeing babysitting for dates. I brought it up to my hubby and said "0wouldn't that be nice to go out on a date and have free sitters" and he said " I guess, if you want me to we can go out, but it's nothing I have thought about". Maybe it's just me but if he has no real interest in even going out on a date, then why even bother, it makes it so less romantic if he is only going because I want him to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Hmm, I dont think that he knows how much it would ean to you. Talk to him and let him know. Sometimes men dont convey their feelings very well.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• maybe he just doesnt feel like it. mmy hubby is 22 and sometimes he doesnt feel like going out. so i dont push it.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If that was the case here I would still go you never know you guys might have a great time.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If he is anything like my husband after working all week the last thing he wants to do is go out ... but of course all I want to do is go out. Like HelloKitty said, just tell him how much you would like to go out!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Men can suck the life out of everything. If it isn't what he wants and he's anything like my x, he will whine and complain about every aspect of the date all night long and totally ruin everything for you....
    Anonymous

• Mine didn't wanna go out either and would sit like a bump on the log. He complained that I spent too much on a nice dinner (said next time take him to McDonald's???), held up the wall at the dance hall (I had to beg him to dance) and was only relatively happy when we went out to either play cards or bowl. I started going out, without him. with my girlfriends and we had a ball. The key was I had to find things that we'd mutually enjoy. A candle light dinner just didn't appeal to him.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Like PPs have stated, make sure he knows how much it means for the two of you to go out and have time together. My husband knows that I look forward to our dates and it means a lot to me to get that child free time together. So he always makes sure to take me out even when he doesn't always 'feel' like it, whether it be from long week at work or whatever.
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 11:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think when us gals bring up "date night" guys see dinner and a chick flick and think its going to be something boring that only us gals will enjoy-but if you suggest something more manly-like a sporting event or something he will probably be just as excited about it as you. I know it doesn't matter as much to me what we do, its more just getting out of the house and getting quality time with my husband.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010