Who doesn't like a good gaffe?

The gaffe came in a talk radio interview Friday night. Coakley, who is vying to fill the late Ted Kennedy's Senate seat, took a swipe at former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani for dropping in Massachusetts to campaign for the Republican candidate, Scott Brown. Giuliani is well known as a Yankees fan.

But Coakley hit a foul ball when the show's host, Dan Rea, noted that Schilling is supporting Brown.

"And another Yankee fan," she said, apparently stunning Rea.

"Curt Schilling, a Yankee fan?" Rea asked, prompting Coakley to quickly backtrack.

"Ok, I'm wrong," she said.

"The Red Sox great pitcher of the bloody sock?" Rea asked, referring to the World Series game that Schilling pitched with an ankle injury that caused blood to stain his sock.

But Coakley swung back.

"Well, he's not there anymore," she said.

Knowing how MA. has die hard Baseball fans, do you think this goof could effec

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's vote based on baseball fan standing

Not fan standing - basic common knowledge of the people you claim to be best suited to represent. The Red Sox are a second religion there. That would be like running for office in Chicago and not knowing who Walter Payton was. Not things you have to be a fan to know, but things you absorb simply by living there. If you don't know something like that, it's basically admitting you are completely removed from the society that lives there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• ** effect voting? I mean if she doesn't know something that simple about her own state then how can people expect her to know anything?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• heehee...is she from 'round there? LOL Sports fans are pretty hard core...this could be enough to swing a vote or two! :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Yes, Let's vote based on baseball fan standing,,,,,,him and his bloody sock, he is superman in Mass......lol, guess she is done

People really are sheep

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

People really are sheep

Interesting complaint from one of the people who whine that Palin couldn't name a specific magazine since she reads the news online. You have an issue with this but don't care that people judge Palin for not reading Cosmo?
    Anonymous

• Yes, Let's vote based on baseball fan standing,
    ______
    Well people do! I mean lots of people voted for Obama cause they thought he was attractive. People vote for those they feel they relate to and if you are a die hard baseball fan and your baseball hero was called a Yankee fan when he clearly isn't you wouldn't feel like you related to her and probably wouldn't vote for her.

Now, I am not saying its great logic but I have met several people whom vote for insignificant reasons.

momof, I was really shocked she said it she was BORN in MA and went to college in MA. So she is probably kicking herself now.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Interesting complaint from one of the people who whine that Palin couldn't name a specific magazine since she reads the news online. You have an issue with this but don't care that people judge Palin for not reading Cosmo?

Im sorry, but you are seriously mistaken about MANY things

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Now, I am not saying its great logic but I have met several people whom vote for insignificant reasons.

I have met those types too, and its stupid

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Im sorry, but you are seriously mistaken about MANY things

You are the all knowing Sweet a kins.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I don't know about the Baseball fans but regular Americans should think twice after just hearing her tone in that conversation. I admit I don't know her but she comes off as a witch when she doesn't get her way. I hope all the people who like and vote for her aren't the same way. What a cruel world it would be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2010