Could I ever fall in love again?

I am going through a horrific divorce and I hate to admit this- but I don't even understand why I ever fell in love with my soon to be ex-husband/father of my children. We have 3 kids together, 2 girls and a boy whom I feel very fortunate to have.

The point of this is, I don't think I will ever "fall in love" again. I would like to, but with all the drama I went through with my ex, I don't see how I can. I don't believe in long lasting love anymore, I can't picture myself married again or even in a relationship. I fear getting hurt again.

Is this weird to think this way? Could I ever fall in love again?

Please answer.
Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I felt exactly that way when I divorced my ex. And yes, you can fall in love again. I am with my SO, and he's wonderful. I love him so much, and I feel so much more secure and happy in my relationship with him than I did with my ex. It can happen, and it will happen when the time is right. Just don't try to rush it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Of course you can. It's good to maintain your distance from the opposite sex and take time to heal after things like this occur though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i think it is very normal to feel that way. your feelings are crushed, your trust is compromised. Although, i think after things are somewhat settled and the divorce is final it is going to take time, but sure, it is possible to fall in love with someone again. It didn't work out for you this time. You lived and you learned, but there is no reason to close your heart and not experience a quality, happy and healthy relationship eventually.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• It's not weird for you to feel this way right now! But after you've had time (and it may take years) to recover from this marriage and see what else is out there, you will probably feel differently. All it takes is the right man....

Good luck hun. You'll find love again and hey you know what? If you don't? NO BIG DEAL! Life can be great without an SO too ... :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I think that is perfectly normal and I felt the same way as I was going through my divorce. 5 yrs later I am now remarried and couldn't be happier. Give yourself time, it will get better!
    Anonymous

• Of course you can!!! it might not seem so right now, but you will, everyone has their soul mate out there, you just have to find each other.

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2010