What to do?

My sister was going to get married this year but then they decided to wait another year because they where not getting along. Well a few weeks ago she informed me that they are not going to wait and are going to get married this September and asked if I would be a bridesmaid and I told her I would be (even though we do not get along very well). Today I was at my parents and she was there and told me that my DH and son where also going to be in her wedding, and she did not even ask my DH or me, she just told us we were going to be in it. I am a little irritated by this because now we have to come up with the money for my dress, my DH's tux and my sons. I am half tempted to tell her she needs to pay for this because she never even asked. She also told my parents that her wedding was going to be at there house and she did not even ask. Would you make her pay for it or I am being too mean here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would ask for help out. Just see if she would be willing to pay for part of it cuz you just don't have the money.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If it's going to cause you financial hardship then you should tell her DH and your son can't be in the wedding unless she pays for the tuxes. Then she can decide how badly she wants them in it. I think it was presumptuous of her to do that to you guys but maybe because she's excited she got too into it?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• YOUR SISTER NEEDS TO PAY FOR IT ! IF SHE BITCHES ABOUT IT TELL HER YALL WANT BE IN IT ! GOOD LUCK !
    Anonymous

• I would explain that while you're happy for her, you guys don't have the extra money for your husband and child and weren't anticipating the extra expense so can she replace them with someone else or pitch in for the cost.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• If it were me I would tell her ever so nicely that you know how important it is to her that you all take part in her big day, but because of the short notice and financial crunch you guys being in the wedding will have to be her gift from you!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I agree that I would nicely say that although you appreciate the offer, it's just not financially possible for you at the moment. Maybe then she will offer to pay?
    Anonymous

• if she wants you all in it the least she could do is pay half if not all... i don't think it is much to ask especially since it was supposed to be further out... just talk to her about it in a respectful manner and work it out...
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010