Another DUI, at least this one resigned, thoughs?

Maybe the REST will get th ehint and RESIGN over this crap!

State Senate Majority Leader Sheldon Killpack resigned from office Saturday, a day after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The Syracuse Republican said in a statement he decided to quit after discussing his options with his family and friends.

"My heart weighs heavy. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the legislative process, my legislative colleagues and for my constituents," said Killpack, 41.

"At this time, the Legislature would be a distraction from what is most important and, frankly, I find that I have become a distraction to the Legislature. In light of that, I have decided to tender my resignation ... effective immediately."

Killpack, whose father was killed by a drunken driver when Killpack was a teenager, supported and sponsored drunken-driving measures during his six years in office.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you sweet, I wish all the officials with questionable, criminal, or corrupt backgrounds would resign...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• I care about a state senator from a state I don't live in why, exactly? Talk about being a partisan hack...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• NP< i actually have MORE respect for him because he RESIGNED! Most DON'T!! They stay AFTER getting caught doing ALL KINDS of ILLEGAl and IMMOARL SHIT...

Partisan my ASS, I want to WRITE HIM A LETTER OF THANKS, He shoudl give SPEECHES to OTHER CRIMINAL ELECTEd OFFICIALS that REFUSE TO doe whats RIGHT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• NotPanicking
    I looked I didnt see your disapproval over the post about the democrat drunk driver, who is partisan?
    Anonymous

• NotPanicking

Um, I apologize for not disapproving of some drunk driver I've never heard of? Ok.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Ted Kennedy never had the guts to do the right thing nor did his son. Good for this guy he is doing the right thing. Maybe he can get his life back on track. And thank God he didn't murder someone like Kennedy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• While some of you may be a bit partial or eh-hem judgemental, I'd like to consider one possibility before calling him a criminal, and expecting this professional "criminal" to abandon his career for what could possibly have been a one time event where he may have been out with friends and/or associates, and for the first time in his career, had a lot of stress or baggage, or just a plain 'ol good time, and made a terrible error of having too many to drink (perhaps 2 beers), and leaving the bar, unwittingly with area cops on the prowl of him (I mean, what cop wouldn't like to catch a person of high profile, in a violation), left the bar in his own car and was stopped with this "catch" in mind, perhaps not having caused a single sign of problem to the unwitting drivers/cops on the road, and of course, then if he's asked to do a breathalyzer, its over!! How would you like to be staked out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Oh look, a man with morals. How refreshing. He's probably one we would have wanted in office.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

LOL, That's teh catch 22! But maybe he can work on himself and come back later. Seriously, he should school other public officials

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• How would you like to be staked out?

Actually I wouldn't care, since if I was drinking I wouldnt be driving

sweet-a-kins