1 year old advice, lol. [Plz read].

Okay, well my son just turned a year old [Jan 9th] and he has been walking since the age of ten months. Well shortly after he started walking he started being able to climb. Next thing you know, today and yesterday, he started climbing up the side of the baby gates we got to keep him in certain areas of the house. Should I buy a toddler bed and stop using the crib? I'm scared that now since he has figured out how to climb on the gates that he might attempt it in his crib. The last thing I need is him falling out of the crib :[.

KhemiV

Asked by KhemiV at 11:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can do it now or wait to see if he does climb, he is old enough for a toddler bed if thats what you want.

my son was the same way...and actually fell out of the crib....i thought my heart was going to stop lol...but he was ok.

he loves his toddler bed now...though i still put a gate up at his doorway, don't need him wandering around the house while im asleep...i usually wake if i hear him..but you never know. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My daughter was the same way... we bought her a bed @ 14 months that is maybe 6-8 inches off the ground. It has a small rail on both sides at the head of the bed just in case she rolls around in her sleep.. I even left a pillow on the ground just in case she did fall ( but she never did) :)
    http://www.toddler-beds.org/images2/sleigh-toddler-beds.jpg
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• My son is the same way but he's hasnt tried the crib yet.. I would say leave him in the crib but when you see he can climb out switch,yes this may mean he has to fall out of it once but I would lay some pillows or thick blankets down so the fall will be scary but hitting the floor wont hurt as bad.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My 1 yr old is also a climber - - we've still got him in his crib since he hasn't tried that one yet. . . .it's coming though :) We've started looking at toddler beds.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2010